The Benefits of a Facial and Peel Combination
As an aesthetician of over 25 years I have seen such transformations in my client’s skin when they are consistent with their daily at-home skincare regimen along with monthly facials and peels.
Benefits of adding a monthly facial and peel to your daily skincare regimen:
- By obtaining a professional analysis of your skin, an aesthetician can customize a skincare regimen and the appropriate facial and peel combination that fits all your skin’s needs.
- The products used in a medical facial are pharmaceutical grade and not cosmetic grade, therefore the purest grade ingredients are put into these products with little to no fragrance other than the natural fragrance of the ingredient. This is important because many people that search out medical spas have problematic skin, which is why they come in. Having the purest products possible is extremely important.
- Facials allow the pores to be cleaned out or extracted, which can assist with those who suffer from acne-prone skin. It is important that a professional performs these extractions to help prevent scarring by doing it incorrectly at home. It is important to remember to “never pick at your skin”.
- A huge benefit of having a facial in a medical spa or clinic specializing in dermatology and aesthetics is the fact that the aesthetician and the healthcare provider work as a team to ensure your skin gets the best treatment it deserves. Many of our clients have rosacea, acne, seborrheic dermatitis, pigment disorders and other skin conditions that require a dermatology specialist to control their disorders and assist the aesthetician in creating a customized facial and/or peel combination.
- Facials benefit the skin by cleaning out pores; exfoliating the stratum corneum (the top layer of skin) making your skin feel smooth; certain enzymes, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acids can brighten the skin, even skin tones, and restore the lipids and hydration back to the skin.
- As seasons change our skin does too and having the right products for the right climate is important. Our skin may react differently in summer verses winter. Depending on where you live and the time of year your skin may need more moisture to balance transepidermal water loss. Hydrating facials are great during the cold, dry months and brightening facials are fabulous in the summer months. Remember a daily sunblock with titanium dioxide or zinc oxide is a must to protect your skin from the elements with a minimum SPF 30.
- When you have a professional facial you are more relaxed than you would doing it at home. As you relax oxygen flows through your system nourishing your skin. Relaxing is an important part of a facial. When the body is relaxed the results are optimal giving your skin a refreshing and beautiful glow for all to see. Most important for you to see.
- Peels are a great addition to a facial, enhancing the experience by softening the pores, suppressing melanocytes (the cells that produce melanin), and adding additional exfoliation. Peels will decrease brown spots on the skin, wrinkles and fine lines, and give the skin a healthy glow. A series of 4 peels one month apart is ideal for optimal outcomes.
The skincare professionals at Allele Medical take great pride in enhancing our patient’s natural beauty through healthy skin. Allele Medical offers a variety of peels to include TCA, VI Peel, Pyruvic, Salicylic Acid, and Mandelic Acid Peels. We also customize our facials to the individual, this may include a hydrating facial, brightening facial, therapeutic facial and an anti-aging facial. To start your journey to healthy, glowing skin today. Call us today at 407-730-2300 or text for an appointment 407-505-9951.